It may sound strange to some, but yes, breasts do leak!
When a female enters the stage of motherhood, leakage through breast becomes a common and embarrassing problem for them. With continuous stimulation in the breast to feed the milk, the excess supply of unattended milk flows out of the breast, causing sudden leakage and milk stains all over.The chances of leakage may reduce by using a breast pump to empty the breast, but still, no one can anticipate the forthcoming leakage.
But in the recent times, to overcome this issue and for the betterment of women care, breast pads are used widely by many new mums.
But, how exactly a breast pad helps? Let’s find out!
What is a Breast Pad?
Breast Pads are small circular pieces of fabric, usually 8 to 12 cm in diameter, worn inside the bra around the areola region to absorb the leaking breast milk in new moms. These small pads have a waterproof backing to prevent stains on the clothes. Some mothers may experience heavy leakage all the time whereas others might be facing a very minor flow. Thus, there are disposable and reusable breast pads available in the market with different absorbency levels.
How to use breast pads?
To manage the leakage, breast pads should be used properly to prevent uncomfortability and soaked clothing. Follow certain steps to use breast pads for extended women care.
- Use cloth breast pads rather than plastic as plastic backing may retain moisture and lead to sore nipples.
- Place the breast pads properly in the bra, aligned to the nipples.
- Use disposable breast pads to stick the pads with a bra, using adhesive tape to keep in place.
- Change the pad as soon as you feel extra wetness to avoid nipple irritation
- Always clean your breast with lukewarm water before placing new breast leaking pad.
Buying the right breast pad
With a wide range of breast pads available in the market, choosing the right one can be difficult. Consider these pointers before buying your next women care breast pad.
- Material and size – Consider using a soft material to offer comfort to your breast and find the appropriate size in accordance with your cup size.
- Absorbency – Never compromise on the quality of breast pads. Say yes to soft cushion type bamboo lining breast leaking pads as it can be a perfect option for women care.
- Anti-leakage guards – Use pads with anti-leakage guards for a better protection and enjoy your women care with softness and comfortability.
Whereas relatively less expensive women care breast pads are Pigeon Breast Pads Honeycomb, Philips Disposable Breast Pads, Medela Disposable Bra Pads etc.
So new mums, use this women care product and cherish the best motherhood experience!